Kybella | Chin Fat Reduction
What is Kybella?
Most people struggle with some amount of fat below their chin, giving the unwanted appearance of a “double chin.” Unfortunately, fat in this area (clinically referred to as the submental region) can be nearly impossible to get rid of with diet and exercise alone, as submental fat is often hereditary. Kybella® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment for reducing fat below the chin. Kybella is a safe and non-invasive alternative to liposuction—the only other alternative method for treating submental fat. If you’re tired of looking heavier and older than you really are, it may be time to try Kybella.
Kybella treatments can be performed during your lunch break!
Kybella has a very low complication rate and is well-tolerated.
Kybella can sharpen the jawline and eliminate a double chin.
What are the benefits of Kybella?
- Reduces fat between the neck and chin.
- Tightens skin between the neck and chin.
- Results last as long as you maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- No downtime required. You can return to work the same day as your Kybella treatments, though you’ll be more comfortable waiting a few days.
- Treatments are quick—you can squeeze a Kybella injection in during your lunch break.
- No surgery, anesthesia, or incisions required.
How does Kybella work?
Kybella uses a naturally-occurring enzyme (deoxycholic acid) to dissolve and digest unwanted fat, helping improve your facial profile by accentuating the jawline and making the neck appear slimmer. Kybella has also been shown to stimulate collagen production in the submental space, resulting in skin tightening. In clinical trials, 87% of patients saw improvement in their submental fullness 12 weeks after their final Kybella treatment.
How long does Kybella last?
Kybella eliminates treated fat indefinitely. After your desired look is achieved, you should not need further treatments as long as you maintain a stable weight and healthy lifestyle.
About your Kybella treatment
One of our licensed physicians will inject Kybella into subcutaneous fat in your submental area using a very small needle (about the width of an eyelash). Numbing cream is available if you are concerned about pain or discomfort.
How many treatments will I need?
While some of our patients notice improvements in neck and jawline after just 1 treatment, it typically takes between 2-4 treatments spaced 1-3 months apart to achieve optimal results.
Are there any side effects?
Most people experience some temporary swelling and numbness following Kybella injections. These side effects are a natural inflammatory response, and indicate that Kybella is dissolving your submental fat as intended.
How long will it take to see my results?
After your initial swelling has resolved, you can expect to notice your submental area diminish in size and your skin begin to tighten. Your results will continue to improve over the course of the next 12 weeks.
Am I a good candidate for Kybella?
You may be a good candidate for Kybella injections if:
- You are bothered by fat under your chin (submental fullness) that won’t go away with diet or exercise.
- You have moderate to good skin elasticity in your neck and jawline. (Patients with severe skin sagging in this area are not good candidates.)
- You have mild to moderate excess fat below your chin. (Patients with severe submental fullness may not be good candidates.)
- You want to avoid surgery and downtime.
Is Kybella safe?
Kybella has a very strong safety profile; most side effects associated with its treatment are mild and resolve on their own. Kybella is made by Allergan Aesthetics, the same company that manufactures Botox® and Juvéderm®—two of the most widely-used cosmetic injectables in the world.
Ready to schedule your Kybella treatment?
Schedule your Kybella treatment at Mountain Radiance Spa in Asheville, NC! All of our Kybella treatments are performed by one of our licensed physicians.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Call our Asheville office or book an appointment online!